Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the standard for this upcoming season?
(07-20-2022, 10:13 AM)Mer Wrote: Tbh, anything short of a SB victory this year will be a disappointment. If we made it last year with a lesser roster, we should be there again with a better roster. Unlike Most SB teams ours didn't get picked apart in FA or guys getting old and retiring. We're in our prime now. Anything short of a SB victory will stink.

If Cincinnati wants to be the next great dynasty SB victories should be the standard. I get it that things happen during the season but every player's standard should be a SB victory every season, especially with the stacked roster we have currently.

Agreed. This is our time. To be honest, the best teams don't settle for any less. It doesn't make them more "frustrated" if they fall short, it just sets their standard internally and drives them to success (i.e., shoot for moon- at least end up among the stars). Likewise, setting the bar lower doesn't make any team less frustrated. No one's really satisfied with last season except the Rams. 

And I'm totally comfortable in that space, expecting championships. That's what we signed up for. "One playoff win" or a "good showing on Championship Weekend"? Nah. I'm glad we're not there anymore. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is the standard for this upcoming season? - tms - 07-20-2022, 12:40 PM