Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Does Biden Have Positive Approval Rating Anywhere?
(07-20-2022, 03:27 PM)Nately120 Wrote: True, I just recognize and hope that assertions that he will run in 2024 are simply expected words and not actually going to come to fruition. Biden was elected to not be Trump, in that sense he immediately succeeded and then instantly became a lame duck.

I foresee both sides moving on in 2024...then again, what I want politically I don't tend to get.

My big problem is the Democrats have very few likable politicians. There is no Obama waiting in the wings, at least not as far as we know. The most likable people who could run for the Presidency are also some of the more controversial ones, like AOC and Bernie. I would love to see it, but I don't think they have the national appeal to win the primary.

Honestly, I kind of envy the Republicans. They can run the most far right person in the entire country and still retain their "moderates" because those "moderates" still come out even when the candidate is someone who, based on what they claim they believe in, they should have never had any interest in voting for. If the Democrats tried nominating a "far left" person (to the extent that those even exist in American politics, which is not very far left at all), I fear the moderates would just stay home.

My biggest fear is that Biden steps down and endorses Kamala for the presidency. If she won the primary, we'd be essentially guaranteed a 2nd Trump term.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does Biden Have Positive Approval Rating Anywhere? - CJD - 07-20-2022, 03:36 PM