Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Does Biden Have Positive Approval Rating Anywhere?
(07-20-2022, 03:57 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If the Democrats nominate Newsome, every single ad in existence will be about how he was almost ousted by his own state and how California is losing millions of residents because the state is unsustainable and unaffordable. 

It'd be a death sentence, in my opinion. 

I do hope that DeSantis tries to unseat Trump though. The scorched Earth campaign that Trump would run against him would be objectively entertaining to watch. Trump has no loyalty to the Republicans so he would not be concerned about throwing every single person who defies him under the bus the moment they go against him. It'd make for good TV. As much as I hate Donald Trump as a person, he knows how to put on a show. I think that's what makes his voters keep coming back for more, after all.

I'm not saying Newsome would beat DeSantis, but ads about the things you mentioned probably wouldn't do as much damage as the usual ads about democrats raising taxes, taking our guns, letting rapists surge across the border, defunding the police, dismantling and disrespecting our military, and giving all our money to people who are too lazy to work.  I feel like the GOP had done so well in pushing those static narratives, that the real stuff democrats blow at just doesn't have the same impact.

As for Trump, he's been slamming a lot of republicans lately, so I think liberals are starting to realize why he appealed to people in the first place.  When he aims his insane ire at someone you want to see get destroyed, it can be pretty satisfying, if in a shameful and guilty way.

I think DeSantis wins in 2024 if Trump doesn't ruin it for him, but I can see Newsome beating a 3rd bid from Trump who would be 78-82 years old during his presidency, and even more insane and unhinged than before...I don't see him slowing down on that.

And yes, I wonder which libertarian candidate I could throw my vote away on will emerge in 2024.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does Biden Have Positive Approval Rating Anywhere? - Nately120 - 07-20-2022, 04:05 PM