Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Athletic Fan Survery: Trust in Organization
(07-20-2022, 10:07 AM)samhain Wrote: One thing I've changed my mind on completely is the ability of a single player to turn the tone and prospects of a franchise around so quickly.

For years it's been my belief that a well-built, complete roster with an average to above average quarterback can win at the highest level in this league. It's happened, but not very often. We had this with Andy for a few seasons and won a lot, but never sealed the deal.

One elite quarterback has taken this franchise from arguably it's lowest point since the lost decade to a scenario where people are inexplicably confident in the people running this team. These are people that the city as a whole has despised for decades. This is a coach that many of us, myself included, were ready to drive to the airport to get him out of here. It looked like the most overmatched staff in football for 2 complete seasons. Lou was the 11th guy interviewed for his job. Now everyone loves him.

I wouldn't have believed it 3 years ago, but I now fully get why teams pay these guys what they do. It's the most important position in professional sports. I've always thought a great roster could lift a decent quarterback to be good enough. Turns out a great quarterback can lift an entire franchise. Who knew, except just about everyone?

Yep. For a while Andy was the unofficial Andy Dalton line of starting QB’s. If you had one above him you had a good QB. If you had one below him it was time to find a new one. Joe is a Top 7 starter, and I believe the team will sign him to an extension after this year.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Athletic Fan Survery: Trust in Organization - t3r3e3 - 07-21-2022, 10:39 AM