Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CA shooting: Domestic Terrorism
(12-06-2015, 12:16 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I think the criticism is coming from people who think the same political sector that does all the praying happens to be the one that helps facilitate all these things they need to pray for.

Let me put it in a way that might be more believable to you.  So I'm a left-win nutbag politician.  I enact a law that bans all guns from US citizens and my goon squad comes by and takes them from all the law-abiding citizens.  In your mind, I've done something that puts you, your family, and many good citizens at risk.

You criticize me, but I tell you that I'm praying the criminals all turn in their guns.  I am also praying that you and the rest of the citizens who are now unarmed will be safe.  When you are shot and killed by some criminal who has a gun because he didn't follow the law, I tell your family that I will pray for you and that your death is just a terrible tragedy.  Maybe I open the borders against your wishes and when the terrorists flood through I change nothing but assure you everyone who is being killed thanks to me is in my thoughts and prayers.

To me it's not about whether prayer works or not, it's about people doing something you feel is putting you and others at risk and then sending some simply platitudes out there in response.  It just reminds me of people who say they are sorry and then keep doing the same thing.  Either change what you are doing or stop pretending you are sorry.

Words are cheap, and in my worthless opinion politicians have really done a lot to turn me off of prayer and religion.  But that's just me.  When my ol' man was terminally ill and people said "He's in my prayers" I didn't scoff or tell them to shut up or that prayer was pointless...because I believed they were sincere.  Politicians can kiss my ass.

the dems are as drunk on gun control as progressive GOP are on the NSA spying.... That never seems to stop any terrorist.

Both are ridiculous debates. Criminals will always be armed. In the UK the top selling item on Amazon was a baseball bat. They also want to ban knives with a pointy blade. When you make laws to keep people safe it just becomes ridiculous .

As for praying ... You had it right whether you believe or not... someone is trying to give comfort in the Best way they know how. You just say thanks and move on ... No need to lecture them or call them stupid.

Messages In This Thread
CA shooting: Domestic Terrorism - GMDino - 12-02-2015, 11:02 PM
RE: CA shooting: Domestic Terrorism - StLucieBengal - 12-06-2015, 01:53 AM