Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Brown Family/Bengals Finances
This was being discussed in another thread.

The fact that the Bengals (Brown Family) don't have income coming from any other ventures should be concerning, especially with how contracts are going toward guaranteed money.

That being said, it's not the end all be all. The Blackburns are VERY smart people, so I have no doubt that they will figure out how to obtain the capital (if they don't already have it) to pay guaranteed money to those that they think deserve it - whether that's through loans, investors, or other revenue streams.

One of the biggest red flags should be them renaming the stadium. They wouldn't DARE to rename the stadium unless they REALLY needed the capital. Like really, really needed it.

Another part of this is how much Joe Burrow actually cares to have guaranteed money. I know that sounds crazy, but if they Bengals give him 5 million more over the life of his contract than the highest paid player in the NFL but don't guarantee it - would he accept it (especially if you knew it was essentially guaranteed)? I really think the Bengals could get contractually creative to help the situation and this is the Blackburns specialty.

PS - I think the Bates situation is a unique one. I honestly am not sure that was entirely based on guaranteed money but rather the guaranteed money + how they evaluated his played over the past year. Yeah is a very complicated case.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Brown Family/Bengals Finances - pally - 07-22-2022, 01:09 PM
RE: Brown Family/Bengals Finances - wcu - 07-22-2022, 02:30 PM
RE: Brown Family/Bengals Finances - WeezyBengal - 07-22-2022, 03:06 PM
RE: Brown Family/Bengals Finances - J24 - 07-22-2022, 03:10 PM
Brown Family/Bengals Finances - RiverRat13 - 07-22-2022, 03:19 PM
RE: Brown Family/Bengals Finances - pally - 07-22-2022, 03:52 PM
RE: Brown Family/Bengals Finances - pally - 07-22-2022, 04:06 PM