Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chase Not Even Ranked In Madden's Top Ten Receivers?!
(07-19-2022, 11:13 PM)Au165 Wrote: I know the two guys who actually do the ratings at EA, play in a franchise league with one actually.  Chad, while a great marketing piece, more sits in on meetings from time to time but is more there for the media stuff. The reason Chase is outside the top 10 almost never will put a 2nd year player up that high, especially at a sexy position like WR. They did the exact same thing last year with Justin Jefferson it’s really nothing new.

What’s about to be more upsetting is Joe Burrow’s throw power…

I'm actually not too bothered by Burrow's throw power. It's 87. Not great, but at least they didn't tank it like we were worried they would.

They gave him 97 short and 97 medium accuracy too, which is 2nd and 1st in the game, respectively. They even gave him the 4th best throw under pressure at 92. 3rd highest awareness at 92. 10th best stamina at 92. 5th best toughness at 97. 9th best break sack rating of 88. 9th best throw on the run rating at 89. 

25th in play action at 83 but, you know what, that's fair. He was not all that effective out of play action if I recall correctly.

The only one that I'm disappointed in is his deep accuracy of 86, which was good for 12th. I think he deserved to be closer to the top 5 in this area. Granted, he had Chase, but he had the most deep touchdown passes in the NFL last season and his touch was incredible on a lot of deep passes over the course of the season. I guess they just decided good but not great throw power and good but not great deep accuracy just made sense together.

Overall, I think they did right by Burrow. Even gave him 83 speed, which is downright respectable. They recognize he isn't a statue in the pocket and I figure that number will increase once they see him with a full season away from his injury.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chase Not Even Ranked In Madden's Top Ten Receivers?! - CJD - 07-22-2022, 06:07 PM