Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Does Biden Have Positive Approval Rating Anywhere?
(07-23-2022, 04:22 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I already know that you're an originalist and I already know the conservatives on the SC are as well.  I already addressed this in my previous post. That doesn't mean that it's the correct reading. It' just means it's a possible reading. And if we're living our lives based on the beliefs of the people in the 1700s, then we got a lot of other rights that we need to eliminate as well. The idea that we should live by the laws that a bunch of slave owners came up with is asinine at best and downright absurd at worst.

Comparing this to slavery is what’s absurd.

I’m comparing the nuts and bolts of the Constitution and what it actually does, and you’re bringing up points about things like slavery.

That’s another way you’re proving yourself wrong.

(07-23-2022, 04:22 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'm aware that's the excuse the conservatives gave, but it doesn't mean anything. What does it mean to be deeply rooted in the Nation's history and traditions? Is it a number of years thing? Is it a puritanical Christian thing? Is it just a "I know it when I see it" thing? It has no consistent bearing. you could apply that logic to, literally, anything that isn't in the actual constitution. Abortion was a right for 50 years. Interracial marriage has been a right for 55 years. Contraception has been a right for 57 years. Gay Marriage has been a right for 7 years. Using this logic, every single one of those rights should be overturned.
Which I really hope you know is silly. 
are.

The whole point of this thread was discussing the legality and why it was legally wrong on the federal level, which it wasn’t protected through the Constitution, therefore illegal.

Using things like gay marriage and interracial marriage isn’t a good comparison because do any of those take another life?

However, if you want to use those, those issues evolved and are now legal, so, by your suggestion of evolving laws, isn’t it right that abortion is now illegal on the federal level?
(07-23-2022, 04:22 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Haha, this was funny though. It really emphasizes how childish you are.

You really are clueless. I posted hahaha making fun of you for posting ha like your points are somehow superior to mine and like I shouldn’t be taken seriously.

You have done it in multiple posts like it somehow strengthens your point, as people who try and present a weak argument often do.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does Biden Have Positive Approval Rating Anywhere? - BFritz21 - 07-23-2022, 06:14 PM