Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN's Bengals Training Camp Preview
(07-26-2022, 02:38 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: My only fear is he half-asses the regular season and then thinks “oh, I can just turn it on in the playoffs again and still have interest from other teams.” That might sound stupid and could backfire but then we all know that pro athletes overvalue themselves, especially with asshole agents telling them that they’re gods and will get huge paydays.

Let’s hope Bates comes out and plays at an All-Pro level in the regular season.

Fred knows more than ESPN

ThumbsUp

Coming from a college that’s not a football powerhouse, they might like his potential to develop into a productive player with more upside than one of those two.

ESPN sees it, so it’s a possibility.
He wasn’t exactly given the most opportunities but he did make some nice plays when given the chance.

To the bolded, I get it, but to Fred's point, it's a very low probability a player who has produced in college like Lassiter will magically blossom in the NFL.
Players like Lassiter typically sit on the back end of the depth chart for maybe a couple years before falling out of the league because their skill set is easily replaced by a slew of other players.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ESPN's Bengals Training Camp Preview - ochocincos - 07-26-2022, 02:51 PM