Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is Mike Brown always bashed as the worst owner in football
(07-27-2022, 04:24 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Palmer was elite pre-injury. Post injury he was just good slightly better than Dalton.

Well, the Bears made the playoffs with guys like Jim Miller and made the SB with Rex Grossman, so it's safe to wager Palmer pre-injury or post-injury could have done something there.  I'm just saying they aren't automatically worse than us in that sense, but like us they've been boringly irrelevant for decades at a time.

The main point I'm making is that Mike Brown wasn't good at his job, but most people who aren't good at things tend to change things or try new things and that at least gives people a reason to give you some sort of credit.  Mike Brown was the poster child of "this is how we do things here" and I don't blame the rest of the NFL for tuning out because it wasn't interesting and it wasn't leading to the kind of results most fans wanted to see or most analyst found marketable.

Until Burrow fell into our laps from the heavens themselves, Mike Brown was the worst combo of unchanging and unsuccessful.  People don't like that sort of thing...it's the same reason no one outside of Pittsburgh pays attention to the Pirates...it's a system of "This is the way we do things, it doesn't work, but we aren't changing."

That is why, in my opinion, Mike Brown held in lower regard than an owner who at least throws anything at the wall and fails.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why is Mike Brown always bashed as the worst owner in football - Nately120 - 07-27-2022, 04:31 PM