Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is Mike Brown always bashed as the worst owner in football
(07-27-2022, 04:40 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: He has turned down 5 GM interviews and said he is happy here and won't take any interviews Leads me to believe Mike is paying him well and the actual title doesn't matter to him. Tobin also had a say in the hiring of Taylor which if he was only player personnel only would be no reason to give him any input power of hiring decision.. Unlike Cowboys where Steven Jones has that title.

But again, this thread is about why outsiders bash Mike Brown...he's the GM and owner and we can talk about how people who have watched the Bengals for 50 years know Duke Tobin is the secret GM and defacto and stuff it remains that Mike Brown is the owner and he has awarded himself the title of GM for 30+ years and when you do stuff like that the buck stops with you.

That's my take, but again this is about why people outside of hardcore Bengals fandom who talk about the team on a message board during the off-season rag on Mike Brown.  

When you google "Who is the GM of the Cincinnati Bengals?" what comes up is Mike Brown.  You have to go beyond the surface to find out about Duke Tobin.  Maybe people are more aware that Mike Brown isn't the real GM than I assume.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why is Mike Brown always bashed as the worst owner in football - Nately120 - 07-27-2022, 04:45 PM