Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bates is communitcating with Dax Hill
(07-28-2022, 04:42 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Yeah. I’ve said it a bunch of times that his agent is behind this and it could end up backfiring on Bates.

Hopefully, Dax being in camp motivates Bates to get in camp soon and prevents him from half-assing the regular season because no one wants to be outplayed by a younger guy, especially when you’re trying to get your current team or another club to give you a long-term contract.

I hope Dax can make some noise and play well enough to make Bates nervous.

Another aspect is the other players because they could see Dax playing hard and playing well and say the hell with Bates.

Like we both said, it’s most likely his agent’s influence, so I hope Bates doesn’t end up getting screwed but, at this point, it’s strictly business.

Yep and money isn't everything. Bates will be getting lots of dough regardless, more than most any of us will ever see.

I would of taken less just to stay on Joe Burrow's team but the agent says hold out so he holds out.

I don't like people in between me and my life, kind of my rule so I guess I am biased in this aspect against agents and such.

Also I heard we offered Bates top 3 Safety money and if this is the case that was overpaying for his services and all of this is 
completely ridiculous and he should of already signed. Has to do with the guaranteed money if this is true and they are just 
pulling hairs over practically nothing.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bates is communitcating with Dax Hill - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-28-2022, 04:48 PM