Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bates is communitcating with Dax Hill
(07-28-2022, 04:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yep and money isn't everything. Bates will be getting lots of dough regardless, more than most any of us will ever see.

I would of taken less just to stay on Joe Burrow's team but the agent says hold out so he holds out.

I don't like people in between me and my life, kind of my rule so I guess I am biased in this aspect against agents and such.

Also I heard we offered Bates top 3 Safety money and if this is the case that was overpaying for his services and all of this is 
completely ridiculous and he should of already signed. Has to do with the guaranteed money if this is true and they are just 
pulling hairs over practically nothing.

Wow.

If that's true, then Bates is a lot stupider than I thought.

I get guaranteed being a big deal in some instances, but when there's not much risk, relatively speaking, and it looks like you'll have a long career, guaranteed money isn't that important, especially when you'll make millions already guaranteed!

This page shows that safety is one of the least positions prone to injury:

[Image: vfvBS_medium.jpg]

Also, like you said, being on Burrow's team has to be incentive to stay because you know the team has a chance at a Super Bowl every year and teams generally like to keep successful teams together, meaning that the risk of Bates being cut would be a lot less, meaning injury would be the only reason why he wouldn't get paid.

I guess injury is a concern, but, as I pointed out above, safeties don't get injured as much because they're generally doing the hitting instead of getting hit, so tackling properly helps to avoid serious injury.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bates is communitcating with Dax Hill - BFritz21 - 07-28-2022, 07:21 PM