Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Jamar Chase spent his first million...
(07-28-2022, 01:29 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Really, you don't think it's easier for a kid to lose control of a 700 horsepower sportscar than it is a Honda Civic? Some of the cars they put out today ought to require special driving schools to be able to drive them on public roadways, because they are simply above the skill level of your average driver.

On 90% of the roads you can never use 700HP.  150HP is plenty enough to get you killed.

Sportscars have more power, but they are designed to handle more speed.  They have wider, sticker tires that grip the road better.  They have stiffer suspension that keeps the weight of the car from rolling through turns.  The better suspension also keeps the tires planted on the road even and level at all times.  The brakes are stronger and more responsive, and less likely to overheat or lock up.

I honestly feel safer in a true sportscar driving 90 MPH than I do in a cheap little econobox with hard, skinny tires driving 70.

All that being said the HP you can buy from a showroom floor is absolutely ridiculous.  You can just never use 700 HP on public roads.  Especially in pickup trucks.  I used to have a pickup truck with a manual transmission as my daily driver, so I know what it is like to drive one.  I know they don't make many manuals anymore but if my truck had had 500 HP I would have had to start in 2nd gear to keep from spinning the wheels every time I started moving.  If the roads were a little wet then 3rd.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How Jamar Chase spent his first million... - fredtoast - 07-28-2022, 11:03 PM