Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Get your torches and pitchforks ready, it’s time for Bengals slander
(07-29-2022, 02:19 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm not ready to get a torch and pitchfork just because this person is more skeptical than most.
It's natural to think that last year could have been more of a fluke and they could come back down to Earth.
I think the Bengals are capable of getting deep into the playoffs again, but I won't be overly surprised if they lose in first round of playoffs.
Missing the playoffs will 100% be a letdown though, but I don't really see that happening unless Burrow is hurt for an extended period of time.

This pretty much nails it.

To contradict the OP a bit:

Burrow was also hitting Tee Higgins on deep balls, hit Joe Mixon a time or two, TB a few times, and CJ a few times. The author makes it sound like the only deep balls completed went to Chase. That's wildly incorrect.

I think the OL held the offense back more than any other player or coach.

Play calling? I thought that sweep with Chase against the Raiders on FOURTH DOWN was flat out ballsy and totally unexpected. How about going for broke in TN to secure field position for the game winning FG? How about the Joe Mixon TD pass in the Super Bowl? Sure, it wasn't like Don Coryell out there calling plays, but it wasn't garbage either.

Can Hendrickson sustain that level? I dunno, but he's done it two straight years.

I think Chido is in a system that fits him better, and he has guys like Hilton, Bell, and Bates out there with him too. And Logan Wilson....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Get your torches and pitchforks ready, it’s time for Bengals slander - Wyche'sWarrior - 07-29-2022, 02:48 PM