Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Democrats Dangerously Close To Changing Laws So President Is Elected By Popular Vote
(07-29-2022, 03:30 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'm just addressing these three together: the purpose of the EC was because the framers knew the general public would not know the people running for president. Full stop. We know this because it is in the notes from the Constitutional Congress. The number of electors was a compromise done in a similar fashion as congressional numbers, but the entire purpose of it was because they didn't want the power in the hands of Congress as that would effectively eliminate one of the checks and because they knew the people would know have the information needed. The whole idea that it was so the states could have a say is hokum.

Except, you proceeded to make the argument. I knew it would be coming. LOL

I don't disagree with your point, other than it being the only reason for the EC.  Again, why invest so much autonomy in the states, largely because of a fear of an overly powerful federal government, and then not give said states any say in the election of the POTUS? 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Democrats Dangerously Close To Changing Laws So President Is Elected By Popular Vote - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 07-29-2022, 04:00 PM