Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Democrats Dangerously Close To Changing Laws So President Is Elected By Popular Vote
(07-29-2022, 05:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm probably missing things here, but does it matter which side is being tyrannical?  If I'm a wanna be tyrant and I look at the two sides and I see one of them can win without getting majority support, that's the one I'm going for.  

But again, I'm letting the recent events color my judgment.  I won't say the majority can't be tyrannical, but if one side has the easier path to victory I expect to see the tyrants line up for that team.

Certainly not, but it is most certainly easier to enact a tyranny of the majority than the other way around.  Not that it's impossible, as the era of colonialism certainly shows.  It could certainly be enacted by the extremely wealthy if they got enough people to enact their will.  Good thing we have a second amendment to enable a resistance to such a move.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Democrats Dangerously Close To Changing Laws So President Is Elected By Popular Vote - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 07-29-2022, 07:14 PM