Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Democrats Dangerously Close To Changing Laws So President Is Elected By Popular Vote
(07-29-2022, 06:53 PM)pally Wrote: The PEOPLE would have the say in a direct popular vote election.  Not a state, as it does now.   If your side can't win a popular vote maybe it is time to revisit what they stand for.  

Republican's inability to win the popular vote is a relatively new thing isn't it?  The popular vote has only really skewed towards democrats fairly recently, which might indicate that republicans have become less appealing to the general populace in the Trump era.  The only republican I see in my life who couldn't win the popular vote is Trump, because Bush lost it to Gore but won it against Kerry.

Bush got it over Kerry
Bush got it over Dukakis
Reagan didn't need the EC by any measure
nor did Nixon or Eisenhower (I wasn't alive for this)

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1035521/popular-votes-republican-democratic-parties-since-1828/

(07-29-2022, 07:14 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Certainly not, but it is most certainly easier to enact a tyranny of the majority than the other way around.  Not that it's impossible, as the era of colonialism certainly shows.  It could certainly be enacted by the extremely wealthy if they got enough people to enact their will.  Good thing we have a second amendment to enable a resistance to such a move.

Meh, I'm pretty sure the biggest supporters of the 2A are currently attempting to facilitate tyranny.  Methinks the recent political insanity has shown how vulnerable our democracy really is despite all the safeguards that were put into place.  To paraphrase Merlin "We will break what cannot be broken."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Democrats Dangerously Close To Changing Laws So President Is Elected By Popular Vote - Nately120 - 07-29-2022, 07:16 PM