Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do ring chasers think of us, and us of them?
What's your thoughts? To me his is uncharted territory, we are finally a destination where ring chasers should be interested. Money talks for most, but when things are close being a contender helps. We have had some guys say they picked Cincy/Burrow as a winner, but we could be doing more.

There are still some descent FA, and there will be more that hit the market during final cuts. Cincy has reason to believe in their own depth, but as we get injuries it will be more obvious that we now have a new angle for attracting talent.

Are we too loyal to the system of growning depth, or do we see a legit version stopgap as worth signing...even if it means a Lassiter or Ben Brown shows potential but is risked on the practice squad. To me, the "win now" debate is here more than the debates a few months ago of trading picks like the Rams did. IF a remaining vet makes us better/provides insurance, I'm ok with losing out on a guy that might eventually become a starter elsewhere. Part of it could be culture too, they want everyone to buy in, but if a humbled vet is out there and wants to win, it's an opportunity we haven't had and should strongly consider.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
What do ring chasers think of us, and us of them? - phil413 - 07-30-2022, 12:35 PM