Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Get your torches and pitchforks ready, it’s time for Bengals slander
I think the man has some valid points. But I also think the 2nd half of the season is more like what the REAL team is like--they were two different teams once they got to say game 12. The defense gelled around Anarumo's game plans. Burrow's knee finally healed to the point where is it was not longer an issue, we have seen players come back in less than a year and play well, but they never seem to get back to where they left off until a full year of healing passes.

Yes, we got lucky with some bounces, we had some unlucky ones also. Perine's muffed pass against the Titans and Joe's fumble against the Chargers completely changed those games. One they shook off (2nd half team), the other buried them (first half team).

They won't be sneaking up on anyone this year and the other teams have also improved as well. Except the Chiefs without Hill are a different team IMHO, a worse one.
The Bengals? Chase will have a year of seasoning and be even better, Tee is entering year 3 when good receivers generally turn into great receivers and TB will bust his all year to atone for his one and only dropped pass of the year in the SB. A better line that is veteran and not be fooled by every twist and stunt will translate into more holes and longer pass routes. I only see the offense becoming top 3. Lou continues to impress me with his design and game planning and in game adjustments. Added more pieces to an already good defense.

Last year's team is the team we thought THIS year's team would be...a SB contender. Year ahead of schedule. I still think the rest of the AFC needs to be worried about the Bengals, not vice versa.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Get your torches and pitchforks ready, it’s time for Bengals slander - dr tarzan - 07-30-2022, 01:16 PM