Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Get your torches and pitchforks ready, it’s time for Bengals slander
"The Bengals’ improbable run to the Super Bowl was fueled by last-minute plays, players having career years, and luck."

I stopped reading at this point because this guy that refers to himself as an analyst, only has the first four letters right.

The Bengals made last minute plays all season long, with the help of excellent two minute offense, stifling defense (especially in the playoffs) and a plethora of first and second year players hitting their stride. Who had a career year that has been here more than two years? CJ? That career year was so incredible they let him walk. Hendrickson? Pretty much duplicated his previous year. Reader? Back from injury. Awuzie? Maybe I will give you him, but that is it.

The so-called analyst didn't watch the Bengals and for him to clearly not even watch their playoff run is stunning given his self-promotion of his title.

As far as luck goes, they were 9th in the league in terms of health. That means 25% of the teams had healthier rosters than them. That's 25% healthier than the average. Not a huge leap.

What the Bengals did last year was buy in to the defensive schemes of Lou, and execute them to near perfection down the stretch. Burrow got more and more confident on his repaired knee and was rolling by season's end. Chase ended up being a huge piece to the offensive puzzle and so much opens up because of his presence.

To call the Bengals lucky and dismiss their season as last-minute plays and career years when they absolutely destroyed pitt and baltimore TWICE EACH is just insane. No one else put a beat down on the Ravens like the Bengals did.

I don't need a pitchfork, just a delete button. Douchebags like that don't deserve my time as they are not real analysts. Just click-bait fishermen.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Get your torches and pitchforks ready, it’s time for Bengals slander - SHRacerX - 07-30-2022, 03:43 PM