Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Get your torches and pitchforks ready, it’s time for Bengals slander
(07-29-2022, 02:42 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: People like to claim the Bengals making plays as "luck". The interceptions in the three playoff games. The field goal kicks by McPherson. The comebacks against the Chiefs. 

Those all look like a team/individuals making plays to win the games to me. 

Did the team benefit from some fortune with playing the Henryless Titans? Sure. Did they have some calls go their way in the playoffs? Sure. 

I wouldn't single handedly attribute that to them making the Super Bowl, though. 

Also, you could argue this team was less lucky last year than it was lucky. They lost more one score games than they won in the regular season. 

I agree. All this talk about luck as the key to the Bengals season last year. They lost their Right Tackle, a cornerstone of the offensive line, just as they entered the playoffs and had to play teams with great pass rushers. They lost a game to the Jets where there was a terrible call against Mike Hilton that was pretty much universally considered a bad call. They were less healthy entering the playoffs than the Chiefs, Rams, and Buffalo and a few other playoff teams. It seemed to me they had to battle to overcome some bad luck.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Get your torches and pitchforks ready, it’s time for Bengals slander - Nepa - 07-31-2022, 02:37 AM