Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lawsuit: Virginia police officers threatened man during stop
(08-03-2022, 02:35 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: I absolutely don't understand why people love the police so much. I don't.

I don't think most people do.  I think they see them as people doing a difficult, and usually thankless, job.  Think about it this way, if you an encounter with the police it's almost always going to be a negative for you.  Either you just got pulled over for speeding, or something else, you were the victim of a crime, which obviously sucks, or you're a criminal getting arrested.  

Quote:I never needed them during all my life.

Oh, well as long as you don't need them.  Ninja

Quote:They just annoy people at will.

This is a silly statement.

Quote:That's one of the major differences between Europe and US.

We don't love our police that much and clearly don't idolize them.

Yeah, again, we don't here either.  I think you're confusing people pushing back against the anti-law enforcement crowd, and showing support, with unconditional praise.  While those types of people do exist, they are the exception.  

I will say that so many of our TV shows involve the criminal justice system.  You have the extremely popular shows like Hill Street Blues to the Law and Order franchise ( I could name a lot more), and then you have some really outstanding shows like The Wire, which is superb, and IMO a top five show of all time.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lawsuit: Virginia police officers threatened man during stop - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 08-03-2022, 02:50 PM