Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Early winners and losers at Training camp
(08-04-2022, 08:44 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: CJ had quite a bit more length, and is a long strider, but it is being described as Hurst is faster in and out of breaks.  Quicker, perhaps, not overall faster.  He really turned some heads.  CJ was very inexperienced coming out of college and the Bengals drafted him on athleticism, but Hurst was a baseball player first, who turned back to football and had some gaudy receiving stats.  

I don't think he (Hurst) is a massive upgrade, but I think he will provide a nice security blanket for Burrow as the 4th best cover guy on any team won't likely be able to stick with him.  Especially given Joe Burrow's anticipation.  

I wanted to add a little douchey shot at CJ that he "didn't work hard in practice" and set it a flame on twitter just to fire back about how he said the Bengals won't be able to keep Burrow....but I held back.   I must be growing. 

I don't either. I believe Hurst has suffered from ending up behind two great TE's and his stats have suffered accordingly. But I'm not trying to paint him as the next Gronk.

But I do think he can be sneaky good with the Tremendous Trio and Mixon getting most of the attention.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Early winners and losers at Training camp - bengalfan74 - 08-04-2022, 09:43 AM