Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow doing sprints in the golf cart..
I had appendicitis when I was 16. I feel a kinship with my man Joe lol. My greatest claim to sporting fame is that I was playing hoops in a league game in less than a week. I couldn't raise my arm above my body to shoot but I could fake most everything else. I was the ultimate floor general that day... my "generosity" made me a lot of friends! But I didn't tell anyone that I couldn't shoot without being in complete agony, so when I got fouled and had to take free throws my life flashed before my eyes. I didn't know what to do; I couldn't "swing the ball" out of this one. I thought about using my left hand but I would have been pulled and that would have defeated the purpose.

The first shot I howled out in pain and my voice ricocheted off the gym walls at a volume Hitchcock would have been proud of. Everyone was dumbfounded, "Wtf wrong with this guy?!?!" I tried to play it off as a joke and, thankfully, my body sent adrenaline/natural painkillers down to the wound right away, so the second shot was surprisingly smooth. But I'll never forget the moment. Oh to be young and stupid again. What was I even doing out there in the first place.

So yeah, though I felt quasi-normal within a week, the first 2-3 days post-surgery were absolutely ridiculous. Took me 30 minutes to go to the bathroom. Needed a full playbook to make the trip. The toilet was 10 feet away Hilarious
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burrow doing sprints in the golf cart.. - tms - 08-05-2022, 12:46 PM