Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anthony Munoz Voted Best Tackle Of All-Time!
(08-06-2022, 07:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, maybe Bruce Smith or Reggie White would get him once in a great while, that is how great Anthony was.

It's great that you mention Bruce Smith.  I saw an interview with him once where he stated before playing the Bengals, he would have a meeting with Mark Kelso, Cornelius Bennett and Carlton Bailey to let them know they had to step up their game, because he knew he himself would be basically a non factor in the game going against Munoz.  He used to hang out at a spot in Norfolk with Pernell Whitaker (RIP) quite often.  I ran into him a couple times there and asked him about the interview once.  He said Munoz was the only guy he felt he couldn't beat.  STRONG praise coming from Bruce Smith himself.  I do remember him having some success against us back then as well.  But evidentially it was either such a rarity compared to the rest of the plays, or perhaps he got credit for a sack or tackle where he just cleaned up after another player caused the pressure.  I feel it is safe to say Bruce Smith would agree with Munoz being the best tackle ever.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anthony Munoz Voted Best Tackle Of All-Time! - Shepdawg - 08-07-2022, 12:34 AM