Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mahomes-AFC Championship-Played not to lose
(08-08-2022, 02:28 PM)Au165 Wrote: That is not true and I can't tell if he really believes that or is playing it off. 

The amount of late rotations and 8 man drops was night and day from first half to second half. In the 1st half we dropped 8 24% and in the second we did it 45%. I had the stat on the late rotations 1st to 2nd but can't find it now, but it was similarly a pretty strong shift. Maybe he is saying that fundamentally they are the same coverages, which sure there are only so many coverages people play in general but most the "wins" for defenses is how they disguise them pre play and immediately post snap.

Beat me to it. That stood out to me, not true at all. Completely different Defenses, that was the entire point and why we had 
his number. You keep him in the pocket so he isn't throwing on the run, you rush 3 and cover well and he struggles. This is 
what you do to Mahomes when on Defense, we did it to him both times he struggled against us in 2nd halves.

Masterful by Lou and executed pretty much to perfection by our players.

Sure, Mahomes had a few misses but that doesn't take away the fact this Defense got in his head.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mahomes-AFC Championship-Played not to lose - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-08-2022, 05:09 PM