Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Early winners and losers at Training camp
(08-08-2022, 06:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You guys just don't get it.  Right now all we have are opinions.  And I am taking the opinion of professional talent evaluators from the NFL over you guys.

Sure, every team misses from time to time, but in a majority of cases the better player gets paid better.  Your argument is like using Tom Brady to prove that you are more likely to get a great QB in the sixth round than in the first.

And let me repeat that I feel we got a much better bargain in Hurst.  I just don't see him as a big improvement over Uzomah.

I agree with you, Fred.

I think Hurst has been put on the backburner in favor of some better receiving TEs in BAL and ATL, but he's no slouch.
With that said, knowing the TE is 4th on the pecking order in Cincy and also knowing Hurst isn't a premier receiving TE, it's unrealistic to think he's going to be some 700+ yard receiving guy.

Realistically, I think 500-700 yards is about where he'll end up. That's better than Uzomah, but it's not a Top-5 TE guy. That's ok.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Early winners and losers at Training camp - ochocincos - 08-08-2022, 06:53 PM