Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CRAZY Stat About Our Receivers!
(08-09-2022, 02:02 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I just don't see it Vinyl. In today's NFL you've got to keep your foot on the gas basically the entire game. And the way we'll keep our foot on the gas is with Burrow and Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Hurst, and even Mixon/Evans in the passing game.

Since 2000 there's been exactly 4 RB's win the MVP and 3 of them were 2006 and back. Three of them had 350 area or more carries and several receptions. I just don't see Mixon getting in the 400 touches area.

And another thing even if we are in a position to run the clock out there's 11 in the box on D and we'll be in no hurry to run the ball. It's a 3 yards in a cloud of dust type of thing.

I don't doubt what Mixon's production is up some, more yards per carry. But I doubt his carries go up much. He's like 270 area.

For him to be in the conversation for MVP as you say he'll have to have a MONSTER year, 1800 yards rushing and I just doubt he has that kinda touches.

Perhaps I'm wrong ?

I agree that Mixon's YPC will be up and I think part of that is because he'll break more long runs because teams will be so focused on stopping Burrow and our other weapons but I just don't think the AP voters will give it to a running back, especially when we have Burrow and a high powered offense. Even if he breaks a few long runs, he'll be overshadowed by Burrow putting up big points and big numbers. AP voters aren't stupid and they know people will want Burrow just because he's the bigger moneymaker and the fans want the flash of the QB.

It's not fair and Mixon should be a big part of our offense but Burrow's our golden child.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
CRAZY Stat About Our Receivers! - BFritz21 - 08-08-2022, 12:10 AM
RE: CRAZY Stat About Our Receivers! - BFritz21 - 08-09-2022, 03:27 PM
RE: CRAZY Stat About Our Receivers! - tms - 08-10-2022, 12:36 PM