Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mahomes-AFC Championship-Played not to lose
(08-08-2022, 06:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually if Lou had "figured out" how to shut down Mahommes the second half of the regular season game then Patrick would not have smoked our asses the first half of the playoff game.

Mahommes admitted that he choked, and the film backs it up.  Kurt Warner did a very detailed breakdown and he showed that Mahommes often had receivers running open or running lanes he could have utilized, but he made a bunch of poor decisions.

We were dropping 8 on plays in the first half and it was not slowing him down.

I never said Lou had "figured out" how to shut down Mahomes. I said is was a masterful plan that our player's executed to 
near perfection. Sure, Mahomes missed some open guys but that doesn't take away what our Defense did to him, there is a 
reason he was missing guys and part of that was the Defense confusing him.

We dropped 8 like twice as much in the second half and if you say it had nothing to do with Mahomes poor play you are crazy.

(08-08-2022, 06:35 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: There's a reason why Mahomes was 'choking' in the 2nd half. Not only did the Bengals drop 8 almost twice as much as they did in the 1st half, but they were also continually, and very effectively, passing off coverage. Even when it appeared he had someone was open, Mahomes was not trusting what he saw. What Lou and the D did in the 2nd half was confuse the hell out him. There's a reason he looked like a deer in the headlights rookie. It's because he couldn't figure out what the hell he was seeing.

Spot on Holic. Passing off coverage really messed with his head. Was a thing of beauty honestly.

Cannot believe Fred couldn't see it, oh wait, yes I can lol

(08-08-2022, 07:21 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Cant wait to see Patricks face and hear his excuse on December 4th when he loses for a 3rd time within a years time to Joe Burrow and the Bengals.

Smirk
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mahomes-AFC Championship-Played not to lose - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-09-2022, 04:42 PM