Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Early winners and losers at Training camp
(08-09-2022, 10:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually in a vast majority of cases the highest paid players are the best players.

Especially when we are talking about 2 guys who were both free agents at exactly the same time.  If the jets were overpaying due to desperation then why didn't they sign Hurst to that huge contract if he is better than Uzomah?

The fact is that NFL teams did not think hurst was a top TE.  If they did then the Bengals would not have been able to get him so cheaply.  The NFL might be wrong.  You might be wrong.  Right now I am going with the NFL.

Again, I think we got a great value in Hurst.  I just don't see him as a big upgrade over Uzomah.

Fred let me dumb it down for you

Is Aaron Rodgers worth more than a RG on an average team - no doubt sure Rodgers is paid more. Is a top flight CB worth more than a rotational Dlineman sure. Everybody gets that !!!

But when you get into comparing middle of the road TE A to middle of the road TE B their pay is not a very good indicator of their true value or ability.

Understand ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Early winners and losers at Training camp - bengalfan74 - 08-10-2022, 10:25 AM