Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peter King: FMIA - Ja’Marr Chase
(08-11-2022, 09:19 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I was 100% Team Chase (takes yet another victory lap), but I was also Team Ross (falls on victory lap, face plants...).  Chase did EXACTLY what I was hoping Ross could do:  Take the top off a defense and open up underneath as well as take a short pass to the house after one missed tackle.  Now, I didn't envision Ross breaking any tackles like Chase broke off three guys in the Baltimore game, but just outrunning guys.

When they made the pick, I figured CJ, Boyd, and Higgins would be the biggest beneficiaries.  I couldn't fully get behind Mixon having a huge year with the questions on the line.  That is what is so awesome about this season.  There is every reason to think the receivers take ANOTHER step and eliminate the dud games like Chicago and Denver, but Mixon could have the best year of his career.  If he gets back to the 5.0 YPC number.  Wow.  Look out.  

Taking Ross and sticking to those guns was huge by Tobin & Company.  It could have been very easy to be afraid of taking another speed outside WR early in Rd 1, but they did it after essentially admitting they whiffed on Ross, and ended up with the best rookie season in NFL history.  

It's kind of like how Detroit drafted Megatron after a couple failed first round WRs.  Paid off eventually.  

No doubt. I was upset with the Ross pick.....I was just a little apprehensive about Chase only because of the line. I figured he would be good, but I admittedly didn't think he would be THIS good this early. As I said during all of that fiasco, we really couldn't go wrong with the pick as far as individual player went....but I was skeptical about the betterment of the team. He erased my concerns game one, lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Peter King: FMIA - Ja’Marr Chase - Wyche'sWarrior - 08-11-2022, 09:45 AM