Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Early winners and losers at Training camp
(08-12-2022, 04:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The general rule is that the better players get paid better, especially when they are both free agents the exact same year.

You are claiming that Hurst and Uzomah are "exceptions" just because you think you are right and the NFL is wrong.

But the general rule still supports my position.

And, yes, it is silly to not understand that.

I guess I can understand that position. I just think Hurst is the better pass catching TE when watching both players.

We will see if this is true and who got the better deal, us or the Jets. I bet it is us and Uzo doesn't have nearly as good of a 
year in New York as he did last year with us. I also bet Hurst has his best season as a pro here this year if he stays healthy.

(08-12-2022, 04:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Tall receivers generally have slower forty times but higher top speed.

Two players can run forty yards in the exact same time, but at the forty yard mark one could be running a lot faster and pulling away.  Chris Henry and AJ were both like that.  Neither had a really impressive forty time but they could blow the top off a defense.

For years I have been saying that the combine results should include "top speed" in addition to the "elapsed time" that everyone always cites as the one-and-only measurement of a player's "speed".

Agree with all of this Fred. 

I am sure John Ross would beat Usain Bolt in a forty but Bolt would pull away in a 100 yard split and leave him in the dust
with his length. It was a poor comparison with Lassiter to AJ Green but you know what I mean, a forty doesn't tell you all 
about a player's speed especially in pads and in game situations.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Early winners and losers at Training camp - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-12-2022, 04:58 PM