Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bengals OL drills getting slammed on twitter...
(08-17-2022, 12:02 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Abysmal may be a bit too strong, but if you're argument is that they were good, adequate or anything other than ineffective, I disagree. To be clear, I am referring to the season as a whole, not just the Super Bowl. Mixon went to the Pro Bowl based off of his volume numbers. He ran the ball a lot, so he had a lot of yards. He wasn't particularly good at it, though, averaging just under 4.1 yards per carry, which was below average even for high volume backs. 

Here are some of the metrics that Cincinnati logged...

• 29th in short yardage conversion
  • 24th in yards per attempt
  • 22nd in EPA per attempt
  • 19th in Rush/TD ratio
Now, props where props are due, they did rush well in the redzone. They are either between 12th-15th in the redzone metrics I am looking at, but my main argument is that the running game was not good and Mixon going to a Pro Bowl isn't evidence otherwise. As an example, I don't think you would argue much for the Steelers run game being anything other than bad, but Najee went to the Pro Bowl as well. It's just volume and a recognizable name. 
Najee went because Joe couldn't 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals OL drills getting slammed on twitter... - bfine32 - 08-17-2022, 05:40 PM