Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ringer article about Burrow’s deep ball
(08-21-2022, 12:56 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I have no doubt Burrow worked on it after being pretty poor at the deep ball in 2020, but Chase going out there Mossing guys and making great adjustments/catches is always going to make me wonder how much of Burrow's deep ball improvement is just Chase being really really good at football.

That's not a knock on Burrow, it just makes me think of when Tom Brady was throwing to Randy Moss and suddenly Brady went from 10, 9, 8 passes of 40+ yards in '04-'06 to 15 in 2007 when he got Moss, while leading the league in both Completion % and YPA (...and Burrow in 2021 had 15 passes of 40+ yards while leading the league in Completion % and YPA). It's just too damn similar for my mind to dismiss. (Though Randy Moss was 9 of those 15, while Chase was *merely* 8 of the 15. Lol)

There is no doubt Chase helps big time and their chemistry together is unlike any other.

Still, Burrow's accuracy is next to none IMO.

He might be even better than Brady in his best year and I think Burrow is the better deep ball passer already.

He has a killer instinct too, just had a terrible OL last year. If we stay healthy on the OL Burrow could break records this season.

Not even kidding. Burrow just needs to learn how to slide, dude is terrible at it lol
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ringer article about Burrow’s deep ball - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-21-2022, 02:06 PM