Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
7 Winners & 3 Losers From Week 2 Against The Giants
(08-22-2022, 10:49 AM)Joelist Wrote: It's interesting how our forum perceptions differ from sports media. So far every media (CincyJungle, Locked On Bengals, Rapien, Goodberry, etc.) I saw about the game were a lot more bullish on Volson than some in this forum. Not saying one is right and the other wrong but interesting to see the difference.

A lot of that is the things Volson did well were very obvious.  Like, he did a great job knocking guys off the LoS in the run game.  A lot of the things that he didn't do well weren't so obvious during live action or didn't completely short circuit the play.  Like, he got beaten and allowed a pressure on the sidelines grab by Taylor that got reviewed, but there was so much focus on catch/no catch that it became lost in the  context of the game.

For me personally, I have to go back and frame by frame plays to really break down OL play.  There are probably folks better at doing it real time than I am on these boards.  But the stuff I called him out on, I did go through that process.  And there's stuff I missed live.  I actually didn't notice he pulled the wrong way on a play until I saw it on the highlights.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 7 Winners & 3 Losers From Week 2 Against The Giants - Whatever - 08-22-2022, 12:25 PM