Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
7 Winners & 3 Losers From Week 2 Against The Giants
(08-22-2022, 12:46 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I don't agree with the premise of your question. Allen had to have won the job in order to have it in the first place. This is Browning's second year on the team, so the coaches know what he brings. Plitt was an unknown, but it is also obvious that he hasn't brought enough to provide a shake up. The coaches are going to be looking for any competitive advantage they can get. If Browning or Plitt were putting on quality performances in practice, Allen's job would be in jeopardy. The fact that the reports are along the lines you stated should tell you that neither guy is good enough to challenge Allen. 

In short, he is "given" the job because neither guy is good enough to take it from him. He's winning the job. If there is a clear upgrade, I am all for bringing them in. 

I get what you're saying, but it HAS to be clear to the coaching staff that Brandon Allen is not the answer at backup QB. Considering that if Allen becomes the starter due to a Burrow injury, we're not winning most of those games anyway, might as well give a guy like Plitt a shot. I'd rather take a chance with a guy that we MIGHT lose with vs a guy we KNOW we'll lose with. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 7 Winners & 3 Losers From Week 2 Against The Giants - PhilHos - 08-22-2022, 01:38 PM