Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
7 Winners & 3 Losers From Week 2 Against The Giants
(08-22-2022, 09:49 AM)Nepa Wrote: I agree with all these points. Taylor seems have very sure hands. I don't know how he does on blocking downfield (the good WRs can all block), but he seems to catch everything thrown near him.

I thought Lassiter hurt his case when he dropped a wide open, easy pass in the end zone. When you are a free agent on a team rich in WR talent, you don't have much room for error. But he likely will be playing somewhere if not the Bengals.

Trent Taylor is solid and he is a damn good ST's player. I think he has earned his spot with the effort he gave last night.

Yes, the TD drop definitely hurt Lassiter, still like him for the PS.

(08-22-2022, 10:08 AM)Sled21 Wrote: When I watch a pre-season game, the last thing I'm concerned about is the scoreboard. Who cares? I want to watch specific players and don't care one iota about the score. 

Brandon Allen just needs to go. He can't hit his receivers at all. I was thinking "well maybe it's because he's playing with the bad receivers, then Browning and Plitt come in and start taking things downfield. To my eye test, both Browning and Plitt are playing better than Allen. They gave Allen extra reps at the start of the 2nd half to "further evaluate" him, I hope that means they are having doubts about him. 

Same way I watch a preseason game, we are just evaluating the bottom of the roster.

Allen isn't even competing with Browning and Plitt from what I saw last night. Damn he was bad, even on the Taylor sideline
catch it was overthrown and Taylor had to make a great adjustment to bring it in and it dang near almost wasn't a catch even
then cause of Allen's poor throw.

When they put in Plitt just a couple times I think the coaches just wanted him to throw an incompletion and get him out of 
there cause they want this guy on the PS and to not get plucked off.

(08-22-2022, 10:44 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Oh, I hope this is true.

I get the desire of having a competent, veteran backup in case of a Burrow injury, but Allen is anything but competitive. If he sees the field due to a Burrow injury, we ain't winning the game. and if we ain't winning the game with Allen, might as well give Plitt a chance to see if he can grow into a competent backup QB (or more).

Exactly, I think this is the plan with Plitt. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 7 Winners & 3 Losers From Week 2 Against The Giants - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-22-2022, 01:43 PM