Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
7 Winners & 3 Losers From Week 2 Against The Giants
(08-22-2022, 08:14 PM)TheFan Wrote: That PFF grade seems really far off compared to what everyone else has been saying. I'm sure he wasn't a 80+ player but 38 for passing seems absurdly low. I'd be interested to see how they got to that grade. 

Do they split it by half at all? I didn't really watch all of the second half but thought he played fairly well in the 1st outside of about 2 plays. I wonder if he got tired in the 2nd and it brought his grade down. Maybe a conditioning problem since he played the whole game and was going against people with fresh legs and very motivated. 

For comparison's sake, Joe Thuney had PFF's highest Pass Block grade by a G last year at 88.8.  He allowed a 2.13% pressure percentage.  

They originally credited Volson with 1 sack and 2 pressures allowed on 40 pass block snaps.  That's a 7.5% pressure percentage.  That's bad.  

I had him for a sack and a pressure allowed in the first half, so fatigue wasn't his only issue.

A big thing people are overlooking is that the team allowed 16 total pressures, so three of those out of those being on Volson is right in line with the rest of the OL.  He didn't stand out as bad because everyone else was just as bad.  However, we're not discussing any of those guys for a starting job.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 7 Winners & 3 Losers From Week 2 Against The Giants - Whatever - 08-22-2022, 10:09 PM