Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
7 Winners & 3 Losers From Week 2 Against The Giants
(08-22-2022, 10:09 PM)Whatever Wrote: For comparison's sake, Joe Thuney had PFF's highest Pass Block grade by a G last year at 88.8.  He allowed a 2.13% pressure percentage.  

They originally credited Volson with 1 sack and 2 pressures allowed on 40 pass block snaps.  That's a 7.5% pressure percentage.  That's bad.  

I had him for a sack and a pressure allowed in the first half, so fatigue wasn't his only issue.

A big thing people are overlooking is that the team allowed 16 total pressures, so three of those out of those being on Volson is right in line with the rest of the OL.  He didn't stand out as bad because everyone else was just as bad.  However, we're not discussing any of those guys for a starting job.

I don't really care about how he compared to a good 6 year starter. But what was he compared to Spain last year? If Volson is the worst starter on our line I think we'll be okay. If he's in the top 2 we are screwed. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 7 Winners & 3 Losers From Week 2 Against The Giants - TheFan - 08-22-2022, 10:49 PM