Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
7 Winners & 3 Losers From Week 2 Against The Giants
(08-22-2022, 10:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I would like to see this compared with every decent rookie starting on the OL in the NFL instead of Joe Frickin' Thuney 
though for God sake...

I honestly don't know what a lot of you guys were expecting...

He played better than I expected in his first action against NFL starters. 

I thought he would struggle more than he did early. Carman also didn't play near as bad as others have said.

Prince was terrible in his one start, Adeniji terrible in his first start and so was Trey Hill. D'Ante had a couple bad penalties.

Look at it another way.

Burrow was pressured on 24.5% of our passing attempts last year.  If you divide those pressures equally amongst the OL, that's an average 4.9% pressure rate per lineman(though it's actually even lower than that because there will pressures assigned to RB's, TE's, free rushers, etc.).  And our OL sucked last year.  Each of our OL has to win over 95% of the time just to be as bad at pass pro as we were last year.  Volson only won on like 92.5% of his pass blocking snaps last night.  That's really bad, especially when that's padded by playing against 3rd and 4th stringers for a half.

Volson looked like a 4th round rookie.  He doesn't look like a guy that's going to be able to step in and be a quality starter.  We can probably get by with him, but he will negatively offset our FA upgrades to a degree.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 7 Winners & 3 Losers From Week 2 Against The Giants - Whatever - 08-22-2022, 11:19 PM