Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
7 Winners & 3 Losers From Week 2 Against The Giants
(08-23-2022, 10:25 AM)Au165 Wrote: Right, but they need a longer term solution at that small number. Running in vets repeatedly doesn't give them the stability to project out. The only way you develop guys is let them get real reps. Carman got some last year and Volson needs some, but just running out for a stop gap vet every time someone screws up doesn't allow you to actually find long term answers. 

I am just telling you most teams want 2 guys on rookie contracts on the O line to make the cap work. It's always been part of the template teams use and having the rookie QB contract lets you get away with not doing it you will need it when Burrow get's his deal or else we are going to have to go really young somewhere else.

Yea I get all that.

I just hate the fact that the risk has to be taken for the sake of long-term development when the Bengals are probably at their best window for winning a Super Bowl.

Let's be realistic, there's a decent chance this window only lasts for a couple years and then it's going to start closing once this core begins signing big deals.
And I haven't trusted the Bengals to draft/develop OL in years.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 7 Winners & 3 Losers From Week 2 Against The Giants - ochocincos - 08-23-2022, 10:29 AM