Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Vegas and the National Media is not talking about
(08-23-2022, 09:40 AM)PDub80 Wrote: So, you think all teams and players are equal in terms of ability to get better over the entirety of a season? 

No.  Not at all.  The teams with quality coaching get better quicker.

(08-23-2022, 09:40 AM)PDub80 Wrote: You don't believe Joey B and the training staff and the coaches when they all said he didn't get back to being/feeling himself from the knee injury until the middle of the season? That, to you, doesn't matter? No, wait... let me guess. I can fill in this blank for you: They are all paid employees of the Bengals, so they aren't telling the truth. That's your go to, right?

Actually I have said many times that the biggest key to the turnaround was the fact that Burrrow was leading the league in interceptions over the first 14 weeks then just threw 2 over his final 7 games.  But since you can never argue with what I actually say you just make up straw men to knock down.  

But from what I recall Burrow did not blame his knee injury for the interceptions.  Instead it was poor decision making.  He was trying to force too much.  A coach can't fix an injury, but he should be able to manage his QBs decision making.

(08-23-2022, 09:40 AM)PDub80 Wrote: You don't think Jamarr Chase or Tee Higgins or anyone else new to the team learned anything more, faster, or better and were able to apply things in a new offense/defense the same in game 20 as they did in game 1? No adjustments were made at all on the Bengals that other teams didn't also do?

Exactly.  The Bengals made adjustments over the course of the season just like every other NFL team.

(08-23-2022, 09:40 AM)PDub80 Wrote: You're equating ZT's experience of 3 seasons with other tenured NFL coaches, like Andy Reid? John Harbaugh? Mike Tomlin? - Whom the Bengals all played 2x. You feel as though this 3 years as a HC and OC is all it takes to reach maximum, end potential to be equal to guys like I just mentioned?

Actually guys like Reid, Harbaugh and Tomlin were winners in their second seasons as head coaches.  Tomlin won a Lombardi in his second season.  Harbaugh took over a 5 win team and won playoff games his first two seasons.  Andy Reid took over a 3 win season and won a playoff game in his second season.

(08-23-2022, 09:40 AM)PDub80 Wrote: WTF is wrong w you? That's not rhetorical. WTF.... is wrong... w you? Please bow out of this thread. Your posts have ventured out beyond your typical, steady obtuse and reached ludicrous speed. Just, take your ball, and go home w it.

Nothing is wrong with me.

You are the one who is triggered by my comments and begging me to stop.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread