Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
RUMOR - Biden to announce cancellation of student debt
(08-23-2022, 07:06 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: We are quite spiteful. I have a great relationship with my MIL, but she said something the other day that I found fascinating. The topic of this debt relief was brought up and she said she was against it because “I didn’t get that luxury. I had to work my butt off and pay it all back. Why should someone else get their debt erased when I didn’t?”

Yep, I can understand feeling that way to an extent but to let that dictate how you want to see people treated going forward seems a bit much.

I told the wife about this and she said "That's nice...doesn't matter to me but that's nice to hear."  She also added that in all fairness interest rates were lower when she took out loans 20 years ago for college, so there is a bit of perspective on her part.  Clearly, a jerkbutt like me would have to marry a logical and understanding woman.

When it comes to stuff like this I always picture a group of kids and a cake.  If the kids have no cake they're probably in an OK mood, but as soon as you bring the cake into the equation and dole it out suddenly they're all more focused on how much cake everyone else has rather than the cake in front of them.  Suddenly everything is unfair and everyone is whining and you wish you never brought the damn cake home in the first place to this bratty ass kids because god knows your old man didn't bring cake home when he was done with his triple shift at the ultra-dangerous steel plant, by cracky!

Or just watch any episode of Forensic Files and there is a 50% chance the case boils down to "So and so killed so and so because he didn't want so and so to have so and so."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: RUMOR - Biden to announce cancellation of student debt - Nately120 - 08-23-2022, 07:28 PM