Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Vegas and the National Media is not talking about
(08-25-2022, 11:45 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No this does not happen all the time.  Anyone who watches football on a regular basis knows better.

It is not that uncommon for a game to be close in score but many times the winning team has the ball at the end of the game or else the losing team is not close to scoring position.  What I am talking about are games that are literally decided on the last play of the game.  Those games are not that common.  Most two teams might have one or two over the course of a season.  

But the last 4 wins by the Bengals in '21, the 4 wins that got them to the Super Bowl were ALL decided on the last play of the game.

-Chiefs... FG on last play of game after a drive that featured a 3rd-and-27 conversion and two defensive penalties that wiped out 4th down stops.
-Raiders.... stopped on Bengals 4 yard line with 10 seconds left.
-Titans.... FG on last play of game set up by an interception on a tipped pass.
-Chiefs.... FG on last play of game set up by interception on tipped pass.

So if say this type of stuff happens all the time then just give me an example.

Not just one game but the last 4 wins in a row that got a team to the Super Bowl.

And not just games that were close in score, but games that were decided on the last play.

Show me.

First off, that first Chiefs game, we held the ball for the last 6 minutes of the game.

More importantly, so your only definition that our playoff/Super Bowl run was flukey was because 4 games were decided on last plays? So, our defense was just lucky to get those INTs? McPherson was just lucky to make those FGs? GTFOH None of those plays were the result of luck. They were the result of skills, scheme, etc. 

I usually agree with you in Jungle Noise, fred, but the only way one can say we were lucky/a fluke is due to our health and even then some have pointed out that we weren't that unusally healthy during the playoffs last year.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Vegas and the National Media is not talking about - PhilHos - 08-25-2022, 01:06 PM