Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bills P Matt Arazia-rape lawsuit
(08-26-2022, 08:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Eh, I am not clicking on that Bengal Dude. Can you give me the low down man?

I remember something about this but it ended up being nothing in the end.

I wonder the same.

I saw people wanting to draft Araiza as high as the 5th round...

True that Kali.

As an 18-year-old freshman, Carman had sex with a 15-year-old, who before the draft several years later reported it as rape to the police.  They spent months investigating and decided there wasn't enough evidence to proceed. The age difference was within SC's Romeo and Juliet exception so would also not be statutory rape.  The question was what did the Bengals know and when did they know it.

This young woman reported it the day after it occurred.  They had conversations with Araiza about his involvement last October..  SDSU is under fire for keeping knowledge of this incident under wraps for 8 months.

The Bills say they did not know at the time of the draft so I doubt any other team did also.  The other 2 punters who went before him had strong legs, not as strong as his, but much better control over the kicks than he did.

The Bills, however, did know this was coming when they cut the other punter on their roster on Monday.  Araiza is not punting tonight at the final preseason game.  Back-up QB Matt Barkley is punting

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Bills P Matt Arazia-rape lawsuit - pally - 08-25-2022, 07:29 PM
RE: Bills P Matt Arazia-rape lawsuit - pally - 08-26-2022, 09:16 PM