Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Vegas and the National Media is not talking about
(08-29-2022, 06:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually "rarity" is the best way to identify luck when you have a large sample set of equal factors. I say that if the most skilled players in the world can accomplish a feat less than one in a hundred times then luck has more to do with it than just skill. 

How do you define/identify "luck"?  Say I show you a video of a 10 year old kid making a full court shot.  What do you look for in that video to detrmin if it was based on luck or skill?LOL

I guess some may define luck as rarity. But I think most people think of luck as something involving chance more so than one's own actions. For example, a fumble that bounces right back up to the person who fumbled the ball or winning a coin toss in overtime. Maybe an official that missed a call because a bug flew in his eye.  I don't think most would call luck catching a long pass that the QB and WR practiced and called the play.

Oh, no. I hope I didn't get myself into this conversation.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Vegas and the National Media is not talking about - Nepa - 08-29-2022, 07:11 PM