Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Vegas and the National Media is not talking about
(08-29-2022, 06:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You are the one ignoring the FACTS that show that you can't compare every long pass to long passes completed against a defense facing a 3rd-and-25.

I have posted the numbers many times.  Why are you ignoring them?  Maybe this will help.

Why are you lying? I have not ignored them. In fact, I've taken you at your word that the stats you've posted are correct. 

In addition, I've asked questions about them that you refuse to answer. The only one ignoring anything is you. So, I would appreciate it if you wouldn't lie and then project your failings onto me. Thanks.

(08-29-2022, 06:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You are the one ignoring the FACTS that show that you can't compare every long pass to long passes completed against a defense facing a 3rd-and-25.

I have posted the numbers many times.  Why are you ignoring them?  Maybe this will help.

Completions of 25+ yards over the last 4 NFL seasons

.............................total......... on 3rd-and-25+
Mahomes............... 157......... 0 (5 attempts)
Brady..................... 146......... 0 (5)
Rodgers................. 145......... 0 (7)
Wilson................... 134.......... 0 (3)
Carr....................... 134.......... 0 (5)
Cousins.................. 131......... 0 (6)
Goff....................... 121......... 0 (3)
Stafford................. 119.......... 0 (2)
Ryan..................... 117........... 0 (2)
Mayfield................. 106......... 0 (2)
Prescott................. 105......... 0 (3)
Watson.................. 105......... 0 (2)
Allen...................... 104......... 0 (5)
Wentz....................  96.......... 0 (2)
Rivers....................  95.......... 0 (3)

Get it nnow?  You can't compare all long completions to completions against a team defending a 3rd-and-25.

Let me channel my inner fred here: if 3rd and 25 defense is guaranteed to stop all passes, why don't teams just use 3rd and 25 defenses all the time? Or at least in obvious passing situations? Rolleyes

Let me just leave this here:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/why-the-kc-chiefs-called-a-blitz-on-third-and-27-and-how-the-bengals-exploited-it/ar-AASuVN6
"Hindsight is 20-20, right?" defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo said Wednesday in response to that question. "The thinking was we were addressing that play as a third-and-6."

So, in actuality, it wasn't a "3rd-and-25 defense". It was a 3rd-and-6 defense. How many times have QBs converted 3rd and 6s in the last 4 years?  Whatever
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Vegas and the National Media is not talking about - PhilHos - 08-30-2022, 09:45 AM