Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Vegas and the National Media is not talking about
(08-30-2022, 03:19 PM)Nepa Wrote: Fred, you really need to use a more universal definition of lucky. You use the definition of rarity. The Oxford English Dictionary uses the definition of "successful through causes other than one's own action or merit."

(08-30-2022, 03:21 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Yeah, I've already posted the definition of 'lucky' but fred has decided to change the definition of lucky to mean rare to avoid admitting he was wrong.

I never changed anything.  Instead I posted these stats to prove that converting a 3rd-and-25 has very little to do with the QBs "action and merit"

(08-30-2022, 12:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I can only go back to 1994 but I can tell you that Tom Brady did it once in 17 attempts, but Trent Dilfer did it twice in just 6 attempts.

Peyton Manning,  Aaron Rodgers, Kurt Warner, and Drew Brees did it ZERO times in FIFTY-FIVE combined attempts, but Mark Sanchez, Donald Hollis, Kyle Orton, Matt Moore, Jay Fiedler, and Gale Gilbert did it 6 times in just 21 attempts

If it is all about "merit" then how do you explain these numbers.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Vegas and the National Media is not talking about - fredtoast - 08-30-2022, 03:29 PM