Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OJ Howard coming to Cincinnati-came and went-no contract
(08-31-2022, 09:28 AM)ChaseThis Wrote: When he got cut yesterday I was texting my buddies saying we should sign him as he's an obvious upgrade over Sample. They weren't on board saying that if the Bills are willing to cut him and take that big of a cap hit, there must be something up. My argument was the dude is basically at a crossroads of either a.) figuring it out and becoming something or b.) be out of the league completely within a year or two. What better place to figure it out than with a young star QB in Burrow that feeds his guys confidence?

He's only 27 and we're getting him on the cheap to be TE2. I think it's a great signing and worth the gamble. If it fails, oh well, we still have Hurst and Sample. If he plays to his actual ability this will be an absolute steal of a sign.

The Sample hate is unfounded. Drew's blocking grades are double that of OJ.  Any TE with a 31 pass block and 44 run block grades, with an overall 50 score is not better than Drew.  Bills insiders said that OJ was very slow, poor route runner and lacked the athletic ability they expected.  

Hopefully OJ gets it back, but he has a ways to go to beat out Sample, IMO.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: OJ Howard coming to Cincinnati-really truly - casear2727 - 08-31-2022, 12:46 PM